Sunday 2 March 2014

Echo at Blakeney


Blakeney is a beautiful small town on the North Norfolk Coast with quaint little lanes and small independent shops all leading down towards the bustling quay. There are many things to see and photograph and it's a place I will visit again as the days get longer and hopefully a good deal warmer.

I stumbled across this small yacht called Echo on the quay front a couple of weeks ago just as the sun was setting and the sky was turning a lovely salmon pink. I set up my Nikon D4 and Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8, attached a ND grad and shot towards the sunset. I wanted to include the entire height of the yacht whilst remaining close to the bow and the only way I could do this and keep space to the right of the boat was to shoot a panorama comprising two frames. It worked pretty much as I intended and i'm pleased with the final result.  

Echo at Blakeney photographed with a Nikon D4 and Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8
Echo

No comments:

Post a Comment