Friday 28 March 2014

Busy Wells

This week has been a relatively quiet one for me, the weather hasn't been particularly good so most landscape photography was put on hold. I have been trying to walk along the quay in Wells-Next-The-Sea whenever I could during the daylight just to get some air. High tide coincided with the middle part of the day this past week so it was great to see the fishing trawlers busily coming and going, unloading their catch and preparing the boat for the next voyage. The Fujifilm X100 is great to have at hand on these sort of days as it's so small and inconspicuous people don't even bat an eyelid when you take their photo. I've been starting to use the electronic viewfinder (EVF) instead of the optical one. This has been slightly weird for me as I am so familiar with the excellent optical types on my Nikon DSLRs which are crystal clear. It has taken a bit of time and patience but I have to say I am now becoming rather fond of it on the Fuji. It allows me to check exposure, live histogram and horizon level all at once and when your eye becomes accustomed to the set up the whole thing becomes surprisingly user friendly, (and this on the older X100). The EVF on the new XT 1 is meant to be absolutely amazing and could truly revolutionise the way we all shoot in the future... I had better start saving. 

coming home shot with a Fuji X100
Coming home

Tying up, photo taken with a Fuji X100
Tying up




    

No comments:

Post a Comment