Tuesday 1 April 2014

Flower Girls

Last Saturday I was second shooting at a wedding in Hull. It was a lovely day, quite warm with some lovely hazy sunshine. I was helping to take some of the more posed portraits and this is one of my favourites. The two flower girls looked lovely in their dresses holding flower baskets filled to the brim with petals. When I asked if I could take their photo they jumped at the chance. With the help of an assistant who held a reflector which bounced some much needed light back towards the girls, I moved back a distance of about 30 feet with my Nikon D4 and 70-200mm F2.8 lens, set the aperture at F4, composed the shot and released the shutter. I decided to use a shallow depth of field to help isolate the girls from the background which had a bit of the usual street clutter going on, cars, people, bins e.t.c. The finished image whilst obviously posed looks completely natural and I hope it's an image the girls will treasure for many years to come.    

Flower Girls photographed with a Nikon D4 and Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8
Flower Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment