Wednesday 30 April 2014

Primevere

One of my very favourite wild flowers, one that can be seen in abundance at this time of year alongside the many hedgerows and grassy banks is the beautiful and cheerful Cowslip. The robust looking plant is actually made up of many tiny little yellow flowers and its beauty is only fully realised when you take a much closer look, its intricate lines and fragile petals dazzling in the Spring sunshine, never failing to impress even on a grey and overcast day.

I wanted to capture my feelings for this little flowering beauty in a photograph and felt that by focussing on an individual flower amongst the many that adorn each plant was the best way for me to do so. Using a Nikon D3s, tripod and cable release, and a high magnification selective blur macro lens I feel that I managed to achieve my goal and capture the true essence of this lovely little wild flower ... the Primevere as it is known in France.

The beautiful wild flower the Cowslip photographed with a Nikon D3s
Beautiful Cowslip


No comments:

Post a Comment