Friday 14 March 2014

Little Boat at Burnham

As the days are getting longer I find myself staying out later and later, patiently waiting for the sun to dip low upon the horizon, its warm orange glow casting wide across the vast skies of the Norfolk coastline.

Burnham Overy Staithe was peaceful this particular evening, warm too. Spring is a fantastic time to be a professional landscape photographer, the memory of the short and cold blustery days of winter slowly but surely fading from the mind. I'd set up the composition in my camera a good 45 minutes before the sunset, ISO and aperture all dialed in, ND grad filters at the ready. As the moment arrived I checked my exposure, made sure the 3 stop grad was correctly positioned and pressed the shutter on the cable release.

I think what I really love about this image is the detail. On the horizon viewed at 100% you can quite clearly see the small houses, probably all of half a mile away, basking in the last moments of the fiery orange sunset. A truly pleasant place to be for all concerned.

Small boat at sunset photographed with a Nikon D4
Fiery orange sunset, Burnham Overy Staithe

No comments:

Post a Comment