Thursday 6 March 2014

The Four Sisters

I've spent quite a lot of time at Morston recently, looking for suitable subjects to photograph. I reckon this is my favourite image to date as it sums up Morston quite well. Seal viewing trips run from here on a regular basis so this boat is both popular and fairly iconic to the local area. I've wanted to capture a suitable shot of both the boat and the place for a while now, one that showed it in a way that Morston makes me feel whenever I visit. It's a place that's quite bleak and lonely but at the same time peaceful and allows time for reflection. I think this image works for me because it's both calm and slightly bleak, warm sunset but ominous stormy clouds. It's a place that's a bit of a contradiction, a place that leaves me slightly cold and restless, yet somewhere I find inviting and am always willing to return to.    

The Four Sisters of Morston photographed with a Nikon D4 and Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8
The Four Sisters of Morston

Photographed with a Nikon setup. D4 with Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8, tripod and cable release. 3 stop ND grad filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment