Tuesday 25 February 2014

Tranquility

The last week has seen a real change in the weather at last, and it feels like Spring is just around the corner. This means I've been able to get out and about with my camera gear and take some coastal landscapes along the North Norfolk coast. We'd had a beautiful sunset last weekend and for once the wind had dropped to little more than a whisper. Burnham Overy Staithe was so peaceful as the sun disappeared beyond the horizon and everything became still, save the usual activity of the resident waders and gulls who were industrially going about their business, bills in the mud and tails in the air.

I spied one boat, gently bobbing away on the water, slightly silhouetted against the setting sun. It looked like the perfect shot so I set up the tripod and camera, attached the necessary filter and waited for the right moment before pressing the cable release. Once I was satisfied that I'd captured the image, I stood there for several minutes, taking in the beautiful surroundings, before finally packing up my gear and heading back towards the car.  The resulting image, I hope, conveys a sense of tranquility and warmth, hopefully a sign of things to come.

A tranquil scene at Burnham Overy Staithe photographed with a Nikon D4
A tranquil scene at Burnham Overy Staithe

No comments:

Post a Comment