Tuesday 18 February 2014

Brancaster Staithe


My second image from Brancaster Staithe and another scene I stumbled across by chance. I was just about to pack up my gear for the day and walk back to the car when the light changed, becoming beautiful, warm and soft. I started to see things differently and a cute little composition comprising two small boats filled with various objects against a backdrop of the harbour area caught my eye. I love detail shots like this. They offer a different viewpoint and perspective to the more traditional 'vista' landscape shot and when displayed alongside them at exhibitions, can compliment them rather nicely.

I photographed this with my now typical setup. Nikon D4, Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8, tripod and cable release and a set of ND grad filters.

Boats at Brancaster Staithe in Norfolk, photographed with a Nikon D4 and Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8
Boats at Brancaster Staithe in Norfolk



No comments:

Post a Comment