Monday 2 December 2013

A Walk in the Woods

I like to get out into the woods with my camera whenever I can. I like the solitude and the peace and quiet, just me, the animals and the birdsong. It's always great to explore new wild places, not that there are many of those left in England. Any time I have the chance to get away from the rat race and explore a woodland I haven't walked through before I take it. I feel like an explorer, never knowing what i'm going to stumble across next. There's a lovely little wooded area near my girlfriends mum's house with windy little paths and a beautiful small river snaking through it which is crystal clear, surely a haven for Kingfishers. The Fuji X100 is the perfect companion for such a walk as it's small and light yet so capable. It's great for wide angle as well as close up and macro shots and woodlands like this provide many great photo opportunities.

A low Winter Sun caught with a Fuji X100
Low Winter Sun

Woodland on a early December's day photographed with a #fujix100
Moss covered branches provide great detail shots. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment