Monday 16 September 2013

'Marmalade'

It's amazing how quickly the weather has turned here on the East Coast of England. Two weeks ago I was sitting on a deckchair in the glorious sunshine, watching people paddling in the sea on the golden beach at Wells-Next-The-Sea. Today I have a coat, multiple layers and a beanie hat on, trying to stay upright in the gale that's blowing along the quay front.
This image of the small boat 'Marmalade' pretty much sums up the feel of the quayside at Wells-Next-The-Sea at present. Cold, empty and dare I say it, a little bit bleak... Just how I like it. (except for the cold part)



Over the last couple of months, I have been photographing some of the boats that can be seen dotted all along the North Norfolk Coast. The finished mounted prints are available at http://folksy.com/shops/saltmarshandsamphire and they would make great gifts for someone's birthday or as a stocking filler at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment