Sunday 8 September 2013

'20p View'

If you're going to have to pay for a view, may as well make it a good one. You see these scopes dotted all over the place at popular seaside resorts and Wells-Next-The-Sea is no exception. The design hasn't changed in years, and when I see one it always brings back fond memories.


Fuji X100. ISO 200,  F8 @ 1/450 sec - + 1.3 E.V.

If there is one thing that I've noticed with the little Fuji X100, it's that it will always tend to under expose. Now I know that elements within the  image above are very bright especially the telescope itself, where the white paint reflecting the sun's light may trick any camera's light meter into under exposure. But I've noticed that even with fairly standard, evenly lit scenes, that the Fuji will err on the side of caution and expose to the left, trying to protect the highlights. I normally set the exposure compensation dial to +1 as a matter of course whenever I shoot with it, and the images are normally spot on. Anyone else shooting with the Fuji X100 or X100s have their own particular "go to" settings?  If so, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment