Tuesday 16 July 2013

Always keep the camera handy.

I'm now in the habit of carrying my camera with me wherever I go. This used to be a bit of a pain when it happened to be a Nikon D3s / Nikon D4 with Nikkor 24/70mm F2.8, but since buying a tiny Fuji X100 I don't even think twice. Pop it in my rucksack and away I go.




This image was only possible because I happened to have the Fuji in the car with me one cool Spring afternoon. I spotted this old ramshackled barn as I was driving home from Lincoln and although the light was quite flat, the sun's rays streaming through a break in the heavy overcast sky added some much needed drama, increasing the vibrancy of the yellow flowers from the brassica napus crop. While not a serious 'set up' shot, it's one I'm very fond of as it forever reminds me of the beautiful rural landscapes of  my home County Lincolnshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment