Friday 6 June 2014

Why Knot

Why Knot photographed with a Fuji X-T1
Why Knot

When the coast is still, not a breath of wind, and you're witness to a truly wonderful sunset, it's a pretty magical place to be. I like taking pictures of the many boats moored along the waterways and Quays of the North Norfolk Coastline. I try to imagine the life they've seen, the fierce weather they've struggled against, the adventures shared with the owners. 

You naturally find your own style with any form of photography and with landscapes I think I've found mine. The images I tend to capture normally convey a sense of tranquillity and a certain peacefulness. The only sounds you hear are the clinking of sails and ropes, the lapping of the water against the beach and of course the beautiful and haunting sounds of the many species of coastal bird.

Click on the video below to listen to two of the most common birds I hear when i'm photographing along the coast. Can you guess what they are? Answers at the bottom of the page.

This was my first 'proper' landscape image taken with the Fuji X-T1 and I'm incredibly pleased with the results. I'll write a post in the coming weeks about my feelings towards this camera for landscape work once I've managed to capture a couple more scenes.

      









Did you recognise the two birds in the clip above? They were -

Oyster Catcher
Curlew

No comments:

Post a Comment