Thursday 26 June 2014

Bouquets

I love taking a detail shot of the bride's bouquet on her wedding day. I find that a simple setup works best, a close up cropped photo showing the bouquet in all its glory and not much else. Bright flat light works best here, the sort you see on Summer's days when the sky is full of large white fluffy clouds. The clouds act like giant diffusers, softening the light, reducing harsh shadows. If it's sunny with little cloud cover, I will always look for some shade and shoot there instead.

I've been fortunate to have a few of my bouquet images showcased on a number of International wedding blogs and I hope that they can provide some ideas and inspiration for brides to be, as they search for the perfect bouquet to hold on their special day.




A simple and small bouquet made up predominately of roses. It was overcast on this day so the light was nice and even.































Roses again, but this time a slightly larger design where they've been fashioned into a sphere. A very sunny and warm late May day had me seeking out shade under a tree, which helped diffuse the light on the bouquet.


























Another overcast day, so again, the light was fairly even. The bouquet positively explodes with colour, the white of the dress compliments the vivid flowers well.


























 


I love this bouquet. The whole wedding had a real vintage feel, and I think that can be seen in the flower decoration. The colours are amazing, and there is a really warm feel to the image. It was the height of Summer and very bright, so I asked the bride to move into the shade for me, where I took this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment