Tuesday 27 May 2014

On the Rocks

Love in the Dales photographed with a Nikon D4, Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8
Love in the Dales

'On the rocks' ... Not the marriage obviously! Taken during a recent wedding in the beautiful Peak District, the couple had requested a photograph at the lovely setting on the moors of Grindleford. The spot meant a great deal to the couple and it was an amazing place to photograph at. Groups of people everywhere, harsh shadows and a seriously strong sun made for a challenging shot but I'm really pleased with the outcome. The couple had wanted to stand on the rock and there was very little direction from me, I just let the couple share a moment while I snapped away. Out of shot to the right of camera a reflector was used to bounce light back towards the couple, which helped lift any unwanted shadows. Using a Nikon D4 with a Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8 I was able to stand back using a longer focal length and wide aperture. This helped me isolate the couple from the background. Taking the RAW file back into Photoshop I adjusted the levels slightly and cloned out a couple of cars that could just be seen poking above the hedge in the distance.  

Being able to look back on moments like these will always be something very special to the couple, as well as family and friends, and it's always a pleasure for me as a photographer to capture them.   

No comments:

Post a Comment