Friday 16 May 2014

A wedding in the Dales


The Happy Couple photographed with a Nikon D4 and Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8
The Happy Couple

I photographed a fantastic wedding in the Dales a couple of weeks ago. The couple were great, the location stunning and the atmosphere brilliant. I always love the confetti shot and I could tell that this one was going to be just that little bit special. The guests had formed two semi organised lines and the couple were to walk between them and towards me. What made this one particularly special was the fact that it was partially backlit, which meant that the bubbles and little bits of brightly coloured confetti were illuminated perfectly as they caught the sun. Setting the Nikon D4 on continuous focus and the shutter release to high, I rattled off about 25 images as they walked towards me. That might seem a tad over the top but when you consider over 80% of the images were captured perfectly sharp it allowed me to pick my personal favourite from  the many keepers. I was looking for nice expression, good dynamic walking pose and great confetti. The Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8 limits depth of field at longer focal lengths so the background was nicely blurred in the final image. I think this image captures the day perfectly and I hope the couple will look at this picture in years to come and be transported back to that wonderful moment.  

Perfect Wedding day in the Dales
Perfect Day

No comments:

Post a Comment