Monday 6 January 2014

Yellow Lily

As well as photographing landscapes and the Natural World around me, I like to photograph flowers, both in a studio setup and also where they may be found growing outside, both in the wild and in the garden. Most of the posts I have shared so far have been of naturally growing specimens from around Lincolnshire and Norfolk. However the Calla Lily featured below was shot in a simple studio setup with natural light, some subtle fill flash and a black background. Using a tripod to set up the composition I was happy with, I then looked at the lighting and introduced a flash to the right of the flower to lighten shadows caused by the natural window light that was coming from the left. It was important for me to show the vibrant yellow colour of the flower against the dark background as it would show off its lovely clean curves. I purposely left a black border around the whole of the Lily as this card has been sent to stock sites where potential clients will be able to alter the dimensions to their particular requirements.

Calla Lily photographed in a simple studio setup
Calla Lily



No comments:

Post a Comment