Sunday 3 November 2013

Fuji X100 firmware version 2.00 findings

I have had the new version 2.0 firmware upgrade for the X100 a couple of days now and I have found that it has indeed boosted the performance of the camera. Two of the updates that I have found most helpful are the ones that I use in my everyday shooting (naturally). The first one and for me the most important is the auto focus speed which has been improved. I have to admit that I didn't particularly have a problem with it before the update but now I do find it really rather speedy and great for impromptu candid shots like the one below. The camera now locks on to the intended subject pretty darn quick and it means capturing 'that' moment has just become a little bit easier. The second upgrade which I definitely find helpful is the close focus mode. Now you can get closer to your subject before having to switch to macro mode which could sometimes be fiddly, and this definitely speeds up my shooting times.

Shooting from the hip in a fish and chip shop in Wells, it's the only way. Fuji X100

So all in all a fantastic upgrade for a fantastic camera and one that I'm sure many people will be thrilled with. Hats off to Fuji.

Fuji X100 firmware version 2.0 findings
The utterly fabulous Fuji X100 about to get an injection of pace courtesy of firmware version 2.0
Thank you very much for spending the time to look at my blog. I'm passionate about all things camera related and would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to look at some of the ads on my page. They're related to the stuff I blog about and you may find some great deals. I use a number of companies which advertise on my site when purchasing gear, and find them all to be fantastic, reliable with quick delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment