Sunday 1 February 2015

Saltmarsh and Samphire's new gallery

After many months looking for a suitable property for Saltmarsh and Samphire's new gallery, we finally found one. Situated at the top of Staithe street in Wells-Next-The-Sea, the new gallery and craft shop will be open from the weekend of 14th February. Initial measuring up and sourcing of materials has finished, and on the 1st February we can get in there and start decorating. 

Ever since I became a professional photographer, having a gallery was always my dream. I enjoy shooting weddings and commercial work, but photographing, showcasing and selling my landscape work is truly, 100% who I am. When I take an image, there is an emotional attachment between me and what I'm seeing through the camera. I can't completely explain what this attachment is, but I do know it is partly shaped by the light and how it plays with the landscape. Each image is but a fleeting moment, never to be repeated again, captured forever on camera. A truly unique moment. 

In the coming weeks, as the gallery nears completion, I will update you all as to how work is progressing.





No comments:

Post a Comment