Tuesday 15 July 2014

East Quay at sunset

The weather has been pretty lousy in Norfolk this past week, grey leaden skies and bucket loads of rain. There was a window of decent weather however, which lasted for all of twenty four hours, just enough time for me to get out with my camera and tripod.

East Quay at Wells-Next-The-Sea is a lovely little spot, and one I visit regularly. Dozens of colourful fishing boats scattered along the sand flats, and quaint old fashioned houses lined along the sea front, make for great photographic opportunities. Throw in a beautiful sunset on a warm summer's day, and you can't really go wrong.

I'm using the Fuji X-T1 almost exclusively for my landscape work nowadays. It's small, light, and the image quality is just stunning. Working with an electronic viewfinder, (EVF) makes selecting correct exposure that much easier than with a more traditional DSLR, and dropping a ND Graduated filter in front of the lens allows you to see the effect it's having on the overall scene in real time. Tripod and cable release complete the setup, and that's it, I'm good to go. In fact, the only thing missing is the weight, and that's something I most certainly can live without.   


Sunset at East Quay, Fuji X-T1
Sunset at East Quay


No comments:

Post a Comment