Thursday 15 August 2013

Yellow is the Colour

While travelling up to Coventry a few weeks ago for my Nan's Birthday, I decided to take my Nikon D4 with Nikkor 105mm F2.8 lens, as I knew her garden had a wealth of beautiful flowers that would be in full bloom, providing a mass of colour. I left most of my equipment at home, deciding to travel light, so this meant shooting without the aid of a tripod, something I rarely do when shooting close-up and macro. The beauty of the Nikkor 105mm F2.8 is that it employs vibration reduction, which allows me to shoot at a much slower shutter speed than would normally be necessary, and still capture sharp images. The mass of large yellow daisies at the top of the garden proved great subjects, and I isolated one near perfect specimen from the rest and blurred the background to provide a dreamy yellow backdrop.

Nikon D4 with Nikkor 105mm F2.8: ISO 1600, 1/640 sec @ F5

No comments:

Post a Comment