Friday 23 August 2013

Wide Open and Greeting the Sun

A beautiful wild Cornflower soaks up the rays as the sun beats down on a hot August afternoon.

I try to take my close up and macro shots outdoors whenever I can, using only natural light and possibly a reflector. Patience and a tripod are often needed in these situations and it's also a good idea to use a trigger release to avoid unnecessary camera shake. I isolated this particular flower from the others by moving in close and using a Nikkor 105mm macro lens. This allowed me to fill the frame with the subject and leave a bit of empty space to the side without encroaching on anything else which may have been distracting in the final image. I find that by placing the subject off centre the composition is more pleasing and the viewer's eye can wander around the image more easily.  

Nikon D4 with Nikkor 105mm F2.8 Macro lens. ISO 800, F8@ 1/20sec

No comments:

Post a Comment