Tuesday 30 April 2013

Mini mayhem

Every year in Lincoln, there is a mini fest. Dozens of the little cars congregate on the Brayford Pool area of the City, people have a catch up and natter, and hundreds of photographers swarm all over the place, looking to capture a few nice images of the event and the colourful little cars. There are loads of good photo opportunities and the image below was my favourite from the time I visited.



This was the composition that I felt worked the strongest on the day. I love the symmetry and the colour. The original worked well, with a few tweaks in Photoshop, but I also wanted to give the image a grungy urban feel. A slight blurring of the buildings along with an application of a texture and slight vignette gave me the picture I was after. It's been highly commended in a National photographic competition where the theme was colour and is on sale as a fine art print at lincolnartworks.com. It looks fantastic in a black frame with no border.

No comments:

Post a Comment