Tuesday 12 January 2016

Two more from the Moor

Happy New Year everyone. Wow, what a busy few weeks. December was taken up with a Christmas Fair in Wells-next-the-Sea, where the gallery, 'Saltmarsh and Samphire', was exhibiting photography, craft, and fabric makes. And after that, towards the end of the month, I had a wedding shoot in Hull. Before I knew it, fireworks were signalling in a New Year, and I realised that I hadn't written or uploaded anything to the blog for some time. So apologies for my lack of posts, I'll try and pull myself in to some kind of shape and get back on it from now on. This week, I've been out and about along the North Norfolk Coast, to one of my favourite places, Weybourne. I captured an image that for me sums up this pretty magical place. I will upload it soon, and try to describe why I love the place so much . But for now I'm posting my last two images from Roughton Moor that were taken recently. They have a sepia type filter applied to them, similar to the recent 'The Long Path' and 'Fallen Leaves' uploads. Filter stuff isn't something I normally do, but I quite like this set of images, and it's fun to try something a bit different every now and then. They have a slightly haunting appearance, and for me,  it kind of sums up Roughton Moor quite well. The wood has a special place in my heart, I used to muck around there as a kid, and I'm now the woods voluntary reserve manager for the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust.

I think the four images might look quite cute as A4 sized framed prints, and I may offer them for sale in the gallery in the coming months, just to try something a bit different.   


Fuji X-T1 with fujinon 18-55mm f2.8 - f4
Not a Breath

fuji x-t1 with fujinon 18-55mm f2.8 - f4
Still waters

I've also been shooting some film stuff too, both colour and black and white. I'll have some new film blog posts in the next couple of months or so. I do enjoy shooting with this medium, and they are amongst the most read and commented on articles across my site. I'm still on the look out for a Leica M6 and Nikon FM2, to add to the collection.... maybe this year. 

So lets get snapping everyone, and here's to a fantastic 2016.  



No comments:

Post a Comment