Friday 3 October 2014

An amazing September

Wow. What fantastic weather we've had this month. It's as though summer just doesn't want to end, and that can only be a good thing, surely.

I've been busy with wedding shoots the last few weeks, so haven't focused on landscapes anywhere near as much as I would have liked. I have a few weeks off from weddings now, my next one is towards the end of October, so I hope to get out and about with my camera and tripod in the coming days, to capture a few scenic images. The leaves on the trees are just starting to turn their beautiful golden colours, and the fog lies heavy in the woods during the early morning, as the sun attempts to burst through. It's always an exciting time of year to be a photographer.

I've captured what I think may well be my last summery seascape of the year. It's another popular view of Wells-Next-The-Sea, one that always brings a smile to my face. I was hand holding my Fuji X-T1 as I hadn't planned on taking any images that afternoon, so travelled light. No tripod or filters and no cable release. I somehow feel as though i'm cheating a bit when I shoot landscapes in this way, as I usually set up the Nikon D4 on a tripod, filters in place, cable release attached... and wait. But I think that is one of the reasons why I love the Fuji so much. It's small and light, yet incredibly capable. The image below isn't anything outstanding admittedly, but the very fact that I was able to carry it in a small camera bag, without really noticing it, when I would have left the big Nikon behind, tells me how truly valuable this little camera is. While the image won't necessarily be printed and framed, simply by taking the camera and capturing the scene, (something I wouldn't have done with a heavy rucksack and big DSLR) I now have an image that will bring back many happy memories of what was a beautiful and amazing September.   

Indian summer, captured with a Fuji X-T1
Indian summer

No comments:

Post a Comment