Monday 29 September 2014

Asahi Pentax SP500 Update

Asahi Pentax SP500 update
Asahi Pentax SP500

The Asahi Pentax SP500  was the tenth camera in my twelve months of film project. You can see the original article here. http://brettgardnerphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/asahi-pentax-sp500.html. If you remember, I had a problem loading the film, (my error) so I didn't have any images to show from this camera back in June. After finishing with cameras eleven and twelve, I returned to the Pentax, and this time, made sure to load the film correctly. The advance lever felt much better second time around, and I now have a fully developed film back from the lab. If you are interested, the lab I've used throughout the project is called Photo Hippo, and their service is first class. This is a link to their website. http://www.photofilmprocessing.co.uk/      

To the marquee
To the marquee

I used the same lens as the one mounted to the Zenit TTL, from earlier in the year, a bit of a Frankenstein's monster to say the least. Someone had been at it with a hacksaw, but it did the job, delivering, crisp, contrasty images.

Julian Clune
Julian Clune

Old fire extinguisher
Old fire extinguisher

The grounds of the Petwood hotel in Woodhall Spa
The grounds of the Petwood hotel in Woodhall Spa

Waiting
Waiting
There will be one more entry in the 'Twelve months of film' series, hopefully in a couple of weeks time, where I will post some of my favourite images from the year, and reveal my favourite film camera/s from the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment